Job Openings at the Sacramento Zoo
Open since 1927, the Sacramento Zoo is home to over 140 native, exotic and endangered species and is one of over 200 accredited institutions of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Zoo is wholly managed by the Sacramento Zoological Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and provides an educational and recreational resource to the Sacramento Region.
On-Call Events Assistant – Part-time/On-call
Position summary: Reports to the Events Coordinator. Assists with all aspects of events at the Zoo; including but not limited to Zoo events, private events, and birthday parties. This is an on-call position with varying hours.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Execution of events; including logistics, coordination with vendors, and physical set up and tear down (e.g.. tents, tables, chairs, etc.)
- May be asked to assist in event preparation; including event sheets and maps, communication with outside vendors and other Zoo staff, processing, and event wrap-up reports
- Provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of clientele in person, via email, phone and written correspondence
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and effectively prioritize according to the current situational needs
- Serve as an ambassador of the Sacramento Zoo for all visitors, provide information of upcoming events and special promotions
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience with events and catering preferred
- Ability to think constructively and under pressure
- Extremely organized
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to prioritize and focus with multiple distractions
- Valid California Drivers’ License required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time without rest; ability to sit, stoop, kneel or bend to accommodate event set-up.
- Ability to perform work which involves frequent lifting, carrying and/or pushing of items up to 50 lbs.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
*Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis
Disclaimer: Job descriptions have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.