Job Openings at the Sacramento Zoo
Open since 1927, the Sacramento Zoo is home to over 140 native, exotic and endangered species and is one of over 200 accredited institutions of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Zoo is wholly managed by the Sacramento Zoological Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and provides an educational and recreational resource to the Sacramento Region.
Janitor/Grounds Attendant Worker - Part-time
Reports to the Janitorial Supervisor. Performs activities related to the upkeep of the zoo grounds, walks, public areas, restrooms, offices and horticulture areas. This is a part time position with the Sacramento Zoological Society.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities:
- General Grounds Cleaning
- Rake leaves, lawn clippings and debris
- Cob-webbing of exterior structures & benches
- Cleaning benches, railings & signs
- Cleaning exterior of all exhibit glass
- Clean-up of biologics
- Over-all cleanliness & tidiness of zoo grounds & walkways
- Daily general cleanup of Zoo including restrooms, walkways, playground, staff areas, grounds and trash.
- Bulb replacement throughout zoo
- Assisting Interpretive center with amphitheater cleaning
- Event requests (barricades/stanchions)
- Keep trash compressed in dumpster down below
- Wash down/ cleaning of Giraffe deck & underneath deck and reptile house.
- Assist with / complete rats and sacks
- Other duties as assigned
Experience with janitorial. Must have and maintain a valid California driver’s license.
Understand and carry out oral instructions. Perform light to heavy manual labor. Must be able to navigate Zoo grounds and work in inclement weather conditions.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by June 20, 2016 to:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.