Job Openings at the Sacramento Zoo
Open since 1927, the Sacramento Zoo is home to over 140 native, exotic and endangered species and is one of over 200 accredited institutions of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Zoo is wholly managed by the Sacramento Zoological Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and provides an educational and recreational resource to the Sacramento Region.
Reservations Specialist - Full-time
A full-time position, consisting of 40 hours per week (hours will flex on occasion). Work week is generally Monday through Friday, but hours will flex depending on time of year and special events, etc. The position reports to the Education Director. Primary responsibility is the booking and registration of the school programs, group sales, and family programs offered through the Education Department.
- Excellent customer service and phone skills
- Proficient computer skills – experience working with a database and data entry
- Ability to learn the established organization system and maintain multiple calendars
- Excellent organizational skills and time management
- Must be able to multi-task between numerous programs and clients
- Constantly exhibit a guest service attitude, a smile, and an obvious interest in guest comfort and service
- Provide positive leadership and support for volunteers, the Education Department and others within the Zoo
- Communicate with the public in a courteous and tactful manner and assist guests and volunteers with questions.
- Performing timely customer service over the phone, fax, online, and email to make reservations for school / facility visits to the Zoo.
- Overseeing online reservations through web-based program
- Promoting and booking Zoo docent programs as applicable; such as tours, Zoo Previews and others
- Promoting and booking entry to special fee-based seasonal exhibits or programs as needed
- Preparing and mailing confirmation packets as applicable
- Maintaining binders of upcoming reservation records by date
- Assist the front gate staff with schools entering the Zoo during busy season (April through June)
- Responsible for registration and administrative duties for camp and seasonal classes, including building of registration online.
- Assist in check-in of campers during summer camp.
- Similar duties as above, with the additional task of liaising with Zoo’s group events as needed
- At times, creating special tickets to assist groups to enter from the park
- Assist in the management of the Volgistics program for our docent volunteers.
- Communicate information about docent program reservations to chairs and others
- Liaison and assist the docents with day-to-day tasks
- Reserve meetings in the Discovery Room so as not to conflict with docent programs
- Creating daily reports for zoo cashiers, membership staff etc.
- On Fridays, creating reports for zoo staff on upcoming week
- Reports estimated numbers for upcoming busy months to Zoo Supervisor and other staff
- Creating summary attendance reports by county each year
- Other reports as requested (refund reports and other financial reports)
- With clerical support for the Education Director, Program Coordinator, Outreach Coordinator and docents, including: word processing, copying and filing.
- Cross-training with Education and Graphics Coordinator to cover that job when she is on vacation or ill.
- Assist with ZooMobile reservations as needed.
- Assist with some Discovery Room programs.
- Other duties as assigned.
Sumbit cover letter and resume by September 12th to: