Job Openings at the Sacramento Zoo
Open since 1927, the Sacramento Zoo is home to over 140 native, exotic and endangered species and is one of over 200 accredited institutions of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Zoo is wholly managed by the Sacramento Zoological Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and provides an educational and recreational resource to the Sacramento Region.
Corporate Sponsorship Manager - Full-time
Position Overview: Sacramento Zoological Society is seeking a full-time Corporate Sponsorship Manager under the supervision of the Director of Development. Essential duties and responsibilities include the following: initiate, manage and maintain the Zoo’s corporate and business sponsorships. Manage solicitation strategy for all sponsorship deals and packages, and maximize Zoo sponsorship revenue. The Corporate Sponsorship Manager will develop and submit sponsorship requests, establish and maintain personal contact and relationships with sponsors and potential sponsors. This position is full-time, working 40 hours per week, requiring some overtime and a flexible work schedule with the Sacramento Zoological Society.
- Establish clear valuations for sponsorship opportunities in partnership with Director of Development and CEO
- Negotiate sponsorships and build relationships with current and potential sponsors
- Comfortable communicating and networking within framework of professional associates and sponsors
- Meet with appropriate staff as needed to discuss various ways to maximize all sponsorship opportunities, and review status and leveraging possibilities of current relationships
- Prioritize projects to keep multiple projects moving in a timely manner, meet deadlines and manage sponsorship agreements
- Meet with other departments to secure benefits that are incorporated into sponsorship packages
- Assist with cultivation and sponsor recognition at Zoo events as required
- All other responsibilities and tasks as assigned by the Director of Development or CEO
- Minimum three years’ experience in non-profits and development/sponsorship experience
- A personal belief in the mission, goals, and objectives of the Sacramento Zoo
- Excellent writing, analytical and research skills
- Self-motivated and proficient in time management
- Excellent verbal, written and interpersonal communication skills
- Exercise good judgment and professionalism
- Ability to maintain confidentiality
- Able to organize, focus and prioritize work with multiple distractions
- Capable of working independently as well as within a team setting
- Proficient with Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Raiser’s Edge
- Flexible, friendly, reliable and detailed oriented
- Valid California Drivers’ License required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time without rest; ability to sit, stoop, kneel or bend; ability to perform work involving lifting, carrying and/or pushing of items up to 50 lbs.
Health insurance and other benefits are available.
To apply, submit your resume, cover letter and salary history by August 21, 2016 to:
On-Call Events Assistant – Part-time/On-call
Position summary: Reports to the Events Coordinator. Assists with all aspects of events at the Zoo; including but not limited to Zoo events, private events, and birthday parties. This is an on-call position with varying hours.
Specific Duties & Responsibilities
- Execution of events; including logistics, coordination with vendors, and physical set up and tear down (e.g.. tents, tables, chairs, etc.)
- May be asked to assist in event preparation; including event sheets and maps, communication with outside vendors and other Zoo staff, processing, and event wrap-up reports
- Provide excellent customer service to a wide variety of clientele in person, via email, phone and written correspondence
- Ability to handle multiple tasks at one time and effectively prioritize according to the current situational needs
- Serve as an ambassador of the Sacramento Zoo for all visitors, provide information of upcoming events and special promotions
- Other duties as assigned
- Excellent time management and communication skills
- Experience with events and catering preferred
- Ability to think constructively and under pressure
- Extremely organized
- Proficient in Microsoft applications (Outlook, Word, PowerPoint, Excel)
- Ability to prioritize and focus with multiple distractions
- Valid California Drivers’ License required
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time without rest; ability to sit, stoop, kneel or bend to accommodate event set-up.
- Ability to perform work which involves frequent lifting, carrying and/or pushing of items up to 50 lbs.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
*Resumes reviewed on a rolling basis
Disclaimer: Job descriptions have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.