Onsite Senior Programs
Tea & Tours Program
You'll hear about where we've been and where we're going. This program is for seniors only (ages 55 and over) on selected Mondays. Your group will be met by Docents (volunteer educators) and will tour part of the zoo. During the tea break you'll be treated to ice tea, lemonade, and water, plus 'tea sandwiches', salad and cookies. All Tea & Tours programs start at the front gate of the Zoo at 9:30 am and will last until about Noon.
- $15 per person.
- Payment is required at time of reservation.
- Payments may be made with Visa or MasterCard.
- Payment is non-refundable for "no shows", rain or shine.
- Reservations must be received at least two weeks prior to the tour date.
- There is a 45 person capacity for this program (including wheelchair assistants or other attendants). When reserving spaces on-line, please check to make sure there is space available on your preferred date.
- The Zoo does not offer wheelchair rentals at this time.
General Zoo Tours
If your active senior group is interested in a general tour of the zoo, they can be arranged anytime of the year except May and June. The Docent (volunteer educator) lead tour will visit all or a portion of the Zoo, depending on your interests. Your docent tour guides will provide you with many interesting facts on our animals, animals in the wild, endangered species management and conservation.
- The tour is free with the standard price of admission (reduced group rate if there are more than 25 people in your group.)
- Payment is made upon entrance.
- Visa, MasterCard, American Express, check, and cash are all accepted.
- Reservations are required at least three weeks in advance.
- Tours can accommodate up to 60 people and last about 1 1/2 hours.
- First you will need to reserve your group fieldtrip. Then you will receive a web link in your confirmation receipt that will allow you to reserve your tour.
- Spaces fill up fast! Reserve your space now.
Can’t come to the Zoo? We can bring the Zoo to you! Find out about our offsite programs for seniors.