Family Overnight Safaris
Program – Itinerary – Details – Pricing – Reservations
Camp-out with your family (2 or more people) under the stars just yards away from slumbering lions , and wake to the call of flamingos – and of course a tasty breakfast.
Do you have a group of 50 or more people and want the Zoo all to yourselves? Find out more about Group Overnights.
This fun-filled educational evening will guide you through all that our nighttime Zoo has to offer. This is a perfect opportunity to see animal behaviors you may not have seen before.
During your Overnight Safari you will. . .
- Take a nighttime tour of the Zoo.
- Watch the Overnight Safari Leaders give special animal feedings and talks,
- Enjoy a tasty dinner.
- Meet Animal Ambassadors up close and personal.
- Gather for an evening program including songs, stories, and snacks.
- Listen to the sounds of the wild as you fall asleep under the stars.
- Indulge in a fabulous breakfast.
Family Overnight Safari visitors enter through the back gate of the Zoo at 5:30 pm. Need directions? Entrance gates close promptly at 6:00 pm.
- 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm: Welcome! Set up camp on the reptile house lawn.
- 6:30 pm – 7:15 pm: Enjoy your scrumptious dinner.
- 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm: Nighttime Safari tour and Nocturnal Nibbles animal feeding
- 8:45 pm - 10:00 pm: evening program with animal encounters - then off to bed! Campers must stay in designated areas overnight.
- 6:30 am - 7:30 am: Wake up with nature’s alarm clock - then break down camp
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am: Breakfast with the animals
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am: Morning Walkabout and Morning Munchies animal feeding
After your program ends at 9:00 am, you may stay and explore the Zoo during the day.
- Safaris embark at 5:30 pm and end at 9:00 am the following morning.
- Gates close promptly at 6 pm.
- Ages 4 to adult welcome. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must register for 2 or more people.
- Your group will set up camp on the Zoo’s Reptile House Lawn. You may sleep under the stars or in your tent.
- The Zoo provides dinner, a snack with the evening program, and breakfast, hot chocolate and coffee in the morning.
- Don't know what to bring? Check out the list of overnight items.
- Sac Zoo Members: $55 per person
- Non-members: $65 per person
Do you have a group of 50 campers or more? Try a Group Overnight Safari!
The family overnight program is designed for ages 4 and older; we strongly recommend you do not include children under the age of 4 due to the nature of the program. All attendees must be pre-registered including children under 4.
Start your registration here.
2016 dates are:
Saturday, June 11th
Friday, June 17th
Saturday, June 25th
Saturday, July 9th
Friday, July 15th
Saturday, July 23rd
Saturday, July 30th
Friday, August 5th
If you need to cancel your Family Overnight Safari please visit the cancellation page.