Family Overnight Safaris
Program – Itinerary – Details – Pricing – Reservations
Camp-out with your family (2 or more people) under the stars just yards away from slumbering lions , and wake to the call of flamingos – and of course a tasty breakfast.
Do you have a group of 50 or more people and want the Zoo all to yourselves? Find out more about Group Overnights.
2016 registration will open in March
This fun-filled educational evening will guide you through all that our nighttime Zoo has to offer. This is a perfect opportunity to see animal behaviors you may not have seen before.
During your Overnight Safari you will. . .
- Take a nighttime tour of the Zoo.
- Watch the Overnight Safari Leaders give special animal feedings and talks – even help make one of the animal’s special treats!
- Enjoy a tasty dinner.
- Meet Animal Ambassadors up close and personal.
- Gather around the campfire for songs, stories, and snacks.
- Listen to the sounds of the wild as you fall asleep under the stars.
- Indulge in a fabulous breakfast.
Family Overnight Safari visitors enter through the back gate of the Zoo at 5:30 pm. Need directions? Entrance gates close promptly at 6:00 pm.
- 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm: Welcome! Set up camp on the reptile house lawn.
- 6:30 pm – 7:15 pm: Enjoy your scrumptious dinner.
- 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm: Nighttime Safari tour and Nocturnal Nibbles animal feeding
- 8:45 pm - 10:00 pm: evening program with animal encounters - then off to bed! Campers must stay in designated areas overnight.
- 6:30 am - 7:30 am: Wake up with nature’s alarm clock - then break down camp
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am: Breakfast with the animals
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am: Morning Walkabout and Morning Munchies animal feeding
After your program ends at 9:00 am, you may stay and explore the Zoo during the day.
- Safaris embark at 5:30 pm and end at 9:00 am the following morning.
- Gates close promptly at 6 pm.
- Ages 4 to adult welcome. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must register for 2 or more people.
- Your group will set up camp on the Zoo’s Reptile House Lawn. You may sleep under the stars or in your tent.
- The Zoo provides dinner, a snack with the evening program, and breakfast, hot chocolate and coffee in the morning.
- Don't know what to bring? Check out the list of overnight items.
- Sac Zoo Members: $55 per person
- Non-members: $65 per person
Do you have a group of 50 campers or more? Try a Group Overnight Safari!
The family overnight program is designed for ages 4 and older; we strongly recommend you do not include children under the age of 4 due to the nature of the program. All attendees must be pre-registered including children under 4.
Registration will open March 2016
If you need to cancel your Family Overnight Safari please complete this online form.