Family Overnight Safaris
Program – Itinerary – Details – Pricing – Reservations
Camp-out with your family (2 or more people) under the stars just yards away from slumbering lions , and wake to the call of flamingos – and of course a tasty breakfast.
Do you have a group of 40 or more people and want the Zoo all to yourselves? Find our more about Group Overnights.
This fun-filled educational evening will guide you through all that our nighttime Zoo has to offer. This is a perfect opportunity to see animal behaviors you may not have seen before.
During your Overnight Safari you will. . .
- Take a nighttime tour of the Zoo.
- Watch the Overnight Safari Leaders give special animal feedings and talks – even help make one of the animal’s special treats!
- Enjoy a tasty dinner.
- Meet Animal Ambassadors up close and personal.
- Gather around the campfire for songs, stories, and snacks.
- Listen to the sounds of the wild as you fall asleep under the stars.
- Indulge in a fabulous breakfast.
Family Overnight Safari visitors enter through the back gate of the Zoo at 5:30 pm. Need directions? Entrance gates close promptly at 6:00 pm.
- 6:00 pm – 6:30 pm: Welcome! Set up camp on the reptile house lawn.
- 6:30 pm – 7:15 pm: Enjoy your scrumptious dinner.
- 7:15 pm – 8:45 pm: Nighttime Safari tour and Nocturnal Nibbles animal feeding
- 8:45 pm - 10:00 pm: Campfire circle with animal encounters - then off to bed! Campers must stay in designated areas overnight.
- 6:30 am - 7:30 am: Wake-up with nature’s alarm clock - then breakdown camp
- 7:30 am - 8:00 am: Breakfast with the animals
- 8:00 am - 9:00 am: Morning Walkabout and Morning Munchies animal feeding
After your program ends at 9:00 am, you may stay and explore the Zoo during the day.
- Registration begins March 18, 2014 at 9 am. Check back here for registration links.
- 2014 Safaris will be held on: June 7, 13, 27, July 12, 18, 26, August 2 and 8.
- Safaris embark at 5:30 pm and end at 9:00 am the following morning.
- Gates close promptly at 6 pm.
- Ages 4 to adult welcome. Children under 18 must be accompanied by an adult.
- You must register for 2 or more people.
- Your group will set up camp on the Zoo’s Reptile House Lawn. You may sleep under the stars or in your tent.
- The Zoo provides dinner, a campfire snack at night, and breakfast, hot chocolate and coffee in the morning.
- Don't know what to bring? Check out the list of overnight items.
- Sac Zoo Members: Adults $55, Children (ages 4-17) $51
- Non-members: Adults $65, Children $61
Do you have a group of 40 campers or more? Try a Group Overnight Safari!
The family overnight program is designed for ages 4 and older; we strongly recommend you do not include children under the age of 4 due to the nature of the program. All attendees must be pre-registered including children under 4.
Saturday, June 7, 2014
Friday, June 13, 2014
Friday, June 27, 2014
Saturday, July 12, 2014
Friday, July 18, 2014
Saturday, July 26, 2014
Saturday, August 2, 2014
Friday, August 8, 2014