Group Overnight Safaris
Program – Itinerary – Details – Pricing – Reservations
The Overnight Safari Program is a fun and educational experience intended for organized groups of 50-150 people such as: school, church and scouting groups.
Fewer people? Try a Family Overnight Safari!
This fun-filled educational evening will guide your group through all that our nighttime Zoo has to offer. This is a perfect opportunity to see animal behaviors you may not have seen before.
Our program meets California State Science Frameworks for all grades!
During your Overnight Safari you will. . .
- Take a nighttime tour of the Zoo.
- Watch the Overnight Safari Leaders give animal feedings and talks.
- Meet Animal Ambassadors up close and personal!
- Enjoy songs, stories, and snacks at a campfire program.
- Listen to the animals as you fall asleep under the stars.
- Enjoy a continental breakfast.
Group Sleepover Safari visitors enter through the back gate of the Zoo at 6:00 p.m. Need Directions? Entrance gates close promptly at 6:30 pm.
- 6:00 - 6:30 pm: Move cars into the Zoo - meet at the back gate
- 6:30 pm: Zoo gates closed and locked
- 6:00 - 6:45 pm: Set up camp on the reptile house lawn
- 6:45 - 7:00 pm: Safari welcome at the amphitheater
- 7:00 - 8:15 pm: Nighttime Safari tour - only adults may bring flashlights
- 8:15 - 8:30 pm: Nocturnal Nibbles animal feeding
- 8:30 - 9:30 pm: Fun around the campfire at the amphitheatre
- 10:00 pm: Bedtime, sleep tight! Those not spending the night should meet at the back of the amphitheater to be escorted to their cars.
- 6:30 am: Wake up!
- 6:30 - 7:00 am: Continenal breakfast. Learn about animal diets as you eat yours! (provided, meet at amphitheater)
- 7:00 - 7:45 am: Reptile House and Zoo's Backyard scavenger hunt
- 7:45 - 8:15 am: Morning Munchies animal feeding
- 8:15 - 9:00 am: Break camp and move cars out of the Zoo
- 9:00 am: Farewell!! You have a free pass to stay and explore the Zoo during the day!
- Overnight Safaris are held from the end of April through the end of September.
- A minimum of 1 adult chaperone per 6 children (ages 5-17) is required. No children under 5 are allowed.
- Please eat dinner before you arrive.
- Your group will set up camp on the Zoo’s Reptile House Lawn. You may sleep under the stars or in a tent.
- The Zoo provides a campfire snack at night and hot chocolate and coffee in the morning.
- Don't know what to bring? Check out the list of overnight items.
Groups of 50 people or more: $55 per person
Do you have a group of fewer than 50 campers? Try a Family Overnight Safari, Starlight Safari Field trip or birthday party!
To reserve a date for your Group Sleepover Safari, please email the Reservation Specialist or call (916) 808-8814.
Download the Group Overnight Request form