Job Openings at the Sacramento Zoo
Open since 1927, the Sacramento Zoo is home to over 140 native, exotic and endangered species and is one of over 200 accredited institutions of the Association of Zoos and Aquariums. The Zoo is wholly managed by the Sacramento Zoological Society, a 501(c)(3) non-profit organization, and provides an educational and recreational resource to the Sacramento Region.
Receptionist - Full-time
The Sacramento Zoo is currently recruiting for a full-time Receptionist to join our team to assist with front desk and general office job functions in a fast-paced office environment. Position reports to the executive assistant
- Primary phone and Administration office contact with clients, vendors and guests
- Handle inquiries or direct to appropriate personnel
- Assist with deliveries from vendors
- Ship and distribute packages via FedEx, UPS, USPS, etc.
- Distribute mail
- Purchase, restock and organize office supplies
- Maintain office equipment (copier, scanner, postage machine, fax machine, etc.); assist users when needed
- Maintain professional appearance of the office
- Update and maintain company phone listing
- Assist Executive Assistant, CEO and the Zoo’s Leadership Team with meeting set-up and other duties as assigned
- Assist CEO, the Zoo’s Leadership Team and Executive Assistant with projects and administrative tasks
- Good communication and customer service skills; professional etiquette
- Must have a positive, friendly attitude and a good sense of humor
- Must be able to communicate effectively both verbal and written
- Dependable, self-motivated and can work independently with little supervision
- Flexible and able to think critically and respond to changing situations/requests; able to take direction
- Demonstrates accuracy, thoroughness and good judgment; monitors own work to ensure quality
- Highly organized with the ability to multi-task
- Experience with a variety of types of office equipment
- Strong computer skills; proficiency with Microsoft Office including Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint
- Flexible schedule; may be required to work occasional weekends or evenings
- Two or more years of experience in a customer service or receptionist position in an office setting
- High school diploma or equivalent
- Ability to stand or walk for long periods of time; ability to sit, stoop, kneel or bend as job requires
- Ability to perform work which involves some lifting, carrying and/or pushing of items up to 25 lbs.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume by May 30, 2016 to:
Disclaimer: Job descriptions have been designed to indicate the general nature and level of work performed by an employee within this classification. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, responsibilities and qualifications required of an employee assigned to this job.