Special Events Volunteer Job Description
- Must be at least 15 years old and have completed a volunteer application.
- Must be able to commit to at least 3 events per year for a minimum of 12 hours per year.
- Must have a valid email address, as this is the primary form of communication for events.
- Should be flexible to assist wherever needed for event, as you may be asked to move around to different tasks.
- Work well with children, as a majority of what is needed for events involves working fun stations such as crafts or handouts.
Each event has different tasks with varied physical requirements. Any task particularly strenuous will be explicitly described on the event sheet sent to volunteers. If you have physical limitations, discuss these with the Volunteer Coordinator to assess which task would be most appropriate. At most, you will be asked to move tables and chairs through the Zoo, or stand for two or more hours.
- If you are a high school student requiring service hours for your school, the Volunteer Coordinator or event supervisor will sign your paperwork during the event. If you need a letter, please give the Volunteer Coordinator 24 hours to provide that for you.
- If you experience any problems while volunteering for an event, please see the Volunteer Coordinator or event supervisor immediately so it can be addressed.
Thank you so much for your interest in serving the Zoo. Hopefully you will have some wonderful experiences and gain some exciting insight to the world of animals when you volunteer.
Form more information, call the Volunteer Coordinator at (916) 808-7444 or click here to request a volunteer application.