Bird Feeder Project
- Empty 2 liter soda plastic bottle
- Elmer's glue
- 1 one inch diameter wooden dowel or pole, six inches long
- Twine or rope to hang the bottle
- Wild birdseed
1. Rinse out and dry the plastic bottle. Under adult supervision, cut a two-inch, square hole about half the way up the bottle. This is where the bird will eat the food from.
2. To make the perch, cut a small hole for the dowel just under the feeder hole.
3. Insert the dowel into the hole, and glue around the edges. This makes the perch nice and secure for the birds.
4. Cut holes in the top of the bottle for a rope to be attached and hang feeder from a tree branch or post near your home.
5. Fill the feeder by dumping in birdseed through the top opening.