3-5 year olds, with a caregiver
Little Peeps - Spring & Fall
The Little Peeps classes are 2-hours long and designed for 3 to 5 year-olds with a caregiver. Each class will focus on a different theme and is packed with fun crafts, games, music, and more. Little Peeps will also enjoy a special visit with one of our animal ambassadors. At the end of the class, caregivers will receive additional activity ideas to continue the learning fun at home. You may register for each class individually, or all 6 classes for a 10% discount.
- Classes are held from 9:30 to 11:30 am
- $25 per class for Sacramento Zoo Members, $30 for non-members
- Register for all 6 classes and receive a 10% off discount
Fall Classes will be listed soon!
Spring session (6 Wednesday classes or 6 Thursday classes)
Wednesday: Febuary 12, 19, 26, March 5, 12, 19
Thursdays: February 13, 20, 27, March 6, 13, 20
Spring Class Topics
Incredible Insects: The wonderful world of incredible Insects is introduced in this class. Find out what makes an insect an insect, why bees are so important, learn about some animals at the zoo that enjoy an insect lunch and read a story about a very hungry caterpillar.
Fantastic Fish: The fascinating world of fish is explored during this class. What makes a fish a fish, what do our fish here at the zoo eat and search for an animal at the zoo that swims faster that a fish.
Awesome Amphibians: Some of our awesome Amphibians at the zoo are ready to meet and greet our little ducklings. Find out what makes an Amphibian and Amphibian, where you might be able to find them in the wild and what special adaptations they have to help them live in their environment.
Rockn’ Reptiles: Come and meet some of our reptiles up close and personal. Learn what makes a reptile a reptile, how to tell the difference between snakes and lizards, and make an alligator of your own to take home.
Beautiful Birds: The zoo has lots of Beautiful Birds, some can talk, some can’t fly and some like to laugh when you walk by. Find out what makes a bird a bird, help the zookeepers make a special treat for our feathered friends, and learn firsthand how ducks take a bath.
Marvelous Mammals: The zoo is full of marvelous Mammals. Learn what makes them so special, how you can tell by their teeth what they like to eat and how they have special tools to live in their environment.
Little Ducklings - Summer
Each Little Ducklings class is 2 hours long, 9:30 to 11:30 am, and designed for 3 to 5 year-olds with a parent. Little Ducklings will gather around for story time and make a take-home craft. During the class, we will visit one of our animal ambassadors. Our Little Ducklings class themes are the same for the whole week and you register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Summer Class Registration Guide Camp Schedule & Descriptions
Register for Summer Camp Here!
- Enter the name of the CAMPER you are registering on the 2nd page!
- To complete camper forms look under the forms column to the right of your camper’s name.
- To register for classes select continue and look for the “select a participant” (on the left side), then “select a category” to choose their grade level, and then “choose activities for: (your campers name will be here)”
- Repeat this process above for each child being registered for camp
- You must fully complete the registration process to have a confirmed place on the waitlist or in the class!
- Our Little Ducklings class themes are the same for the whole week.
- You may register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- Registrations for Little Ducklings, Zoo Camp and Zoo Quest will be seperate this year.
- Each one day class is two hours long, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Cost: $30 per class
- A camp t-shirt is not included, but will be available for purchase at the zoo before each class.
Cancellation and Session Changes
We understand that plans may change. If your camper is no longer able to attend the class(es) you signed up for please review our cancellation and session change policies page, print out the appropriate form and send it to our Reservation Specialist.
Seeing mealworms with a zoo keeper
Meeting the Hedgehog
Showing off their craft
Meeting the Desert Tortoise