3-5 year olds, with a caregiver
Little Peeps - Spring & Fall
The Little Peeps classes are 2-hours long and designed for 3 to 5 year-olds with a caregiver. Each class will focus on a different theme and is packed with fun crafts, games, music, and more. Little Peeps will also enjoy a special visit with one of our animal ambassadors. At the end of the class, caregivers will receive additional activity ideas to continue the learning fun at home. You may register for each class individually, or all 6 classes for a 10% discount.
- Classes are held from 9:30 to 11:30 am
- $25 per class for Sacramento Zoo Members, $30 for non-members
- All 6 classes are $135 for Sacramento Zoo Members, $162 for non-members
Spring session (6 Thursday classes or 6 Friday classes):
Thursdays: February 14, 21, 28, March 7, 14, 21
Fridays: February 15, 22, March 1, 8, 15, 22
Spring classes are all about specific types of animals.
Powerful Predators: Hunt with lions, pounce with tigers and leap into fun with leopards. Meet all of the Zoo's fabulous predators, and present one of the carnivore zookeepers with an enrichment made in class.
How to Hide a Crocodile: There are so many animals to discover at the Zoo, but first you need to find them. Come find out how snakes, turtles, lizards and other interesting reptiles are experts at camouflage. Just watch them disappear!
Birds of a Feather Peep Together: Singing, dancing, swimming, flying and diving-birds sure know how to have a good time! Come and meet the real party animals of the Zoo.
Primate Pals: No monkeying around here. Ok, maybe just a little! Learn all about primates and discover the differences between monkeys and apes.
Giraffes Eat What?: I spy with my little eye something tall that eats leaves. Grab your binoculars and head out into the Zoo to see if we can spot some of our four-footed ungulate friends.
Unhugables: Tumanduas, anteaters and a sloth. They may not be the cutest creatures, but these animals have some unique characteristics that make them some of our favorites here at the Zoo.
Little Ducklings - Summer
Each Little Ducklings class is 2 hours long, 9:30 to 11:30 am, and designed for 3 to 5 year-olds with a parent. Little Ducklings will gather around for story time and make a take-home craft. During the class, we will visit one of our animal ambassadors. Our Little Ducklings class themes are the same for the whole week and you register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Summer Class Registration Guide Camp Schedule & Descriptions
Register for Summer Camp Here!
- Please enter the name of the CAMPER you are registering on the 2nd page!
- To complete camper forms look under the forms column to the right of your camper’s name.
- To register for classes select continue and look for the “register for activities” link under “Action Item” located to the far right of each camper’s name.
- You must fully complete the registration process to have a confirmed place on the waitlist or in the class!
- Our Little Ducklings class themes are the same for the whole week.
- You may register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- Registrations for Little Ducklings, Zoo Camp and Zoo Quest will be seperate this year.
- Each one day class is two hours long, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Cost: $25 per class
- A camp t-shirt is not included, but will be available for purchase at the zoo before each class.
Cancellation and Session Changes
We understand that plans may change. If your camper is no longer able to attend the class(es) you signed up for please review our cancellation and session change policies page, print out the appropriate form and send it to our Reservation Specialist.
Seeing mealworms with a zoo keeper
Meeting the Hedgehog
Showing off their craft
Meeting the Desert Tortoise