Explore your Zoo like you never have before! If you love animals and the environment, this day camp is definitely for you. Enjoy learning about the animals at the Zoo and around the world by seeing, hearing, smelling (peeeyuuu!), and even touching and feeding some of them! Dive into the world of animals through songs, games, crafts, and other fun activities.
No matter what grade you're in, we have a summer program that's just right for you. Our summer camps have won the Nick's Parent Connect Pick award for best day camp two years running!
Summer Class Registration Guide Camp Schedule & Descriptions
Register for Summer Camp Here!
- Enter the name of the CAMPER you are registering on the 2nd page!
- To complete camper forms look under the forms column to the right of your camper’s name.
- To register for classes select continue and look for the “select a participant” (on the left side), then “select a category” to choose their grade level, and then “choose activities for: (your campers name will be here)”
- Repeat this process above for each child being registered for camp
- You must fully complete the registration process to have a confirmed place on the waitlist or in the class!
Little Ducklings: Pre-Kindergarten - $30 per class
Each Little Ducklings class is 2 hours long, 9:30 to 11:30 am, and designed for 3 to 5 year olds with a caregiver. Little Ducklings will gather around for story time and make a take home craft. During the class we will visit one of our animal ambassadors.
Zoo Camp: K – 6th grade
Each class will focus on a different theme and is packed with fun crafts, games, music, special visits with our animal ambassadors, keeper talks and animal enrichment opportunities. We reserve the right to remove campers not placed in the age appropriate class. Please note: processing fees will apply.
- Red Orangutans (Kindergarten, half day) - $152 per week
These classes are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to noon, and are for students entering kindergarten in the fall.
- Yellow Lions (1st – 2nd, half day) - $152 per week
These classes are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to noon, and are for students entering 1st or 2nd grade in the fall.
- Green Crocodiles (1st – 2nd, full day) - $262 per week
These classes are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and are for students entering 1st or 2nd grade in the fall.
- Blue Giraffes (3rd – 4th, full day) - $262 per week
These classes are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and are for students entering 3rd or 4th grade in the fall.
- Purple Parrots (5th – 6th, full day) - $262 per week
The Purple Parrot classes are Monday – Friday, 9:00 am to 4:00 pm, and are for students entering 5th or 6th grade in the fall.
Zoo Quest: 7th – 9th grade
7th through 9th graders who are ready for the next level experience at the Zoo will love these in-depth classes! We offer single-day career classes with hands-on experience and a 3-day class ending in an overnight camp-out at the Zoo!
- Zoo Keeper Tag Along - $40 per class
Keeper Tag Along classes are on Thursdays, 9:00 am – 12 noon. These special, behind-the-scenes classes expose campers to exactly what is involved in taking care of exotic animals.
- Zoo Veterinarian Tag Along - $40 per class
Vet Tag Along classes are on Mondays, 9:00 am – 12 noon These special classes go on a behind-the-scenes tour of the Dr. Murray E. Fowler Veterinary Hospital, and offer hands on experience with some tools of the trade.
- Zoo Quest: Flight of the Harris Hawk - $262 per person
Campers will gain an understanding of how Zoos are helping protect biodiversity and some of the challenges they face to do what they do.
Summer Camp Slideshow!
Including campers, counselors, teachers and Zoo staff.
Camp Counselor: Ages 15 to 18
As a counselor, you will help camp teachers prepare for and teach classes for kids ages 4 – 14. You will lead songs and games, tour the kids around the Zoo, and work with teachers and kids to make sure everyone is having a great time!
Classes and Camps FAQ
Find out all the answeres to frequently ask questions about summer camp! The how, why and where of everything you need to know to make sure your wild child has a wonderful summer camp experience!
Through generous donations we are able to offer a limited number of summer camp scholarships. Visit the scholarship page for more information.
Cancellation and Session Changes
We understand that plans may change. If your camper is no longer able to attend the class(es) you signed up for please review our cancellation and session change policies page, print out the appropriate form and send it to our Reservation Specialist.