THANK YOU to everyone who supported the Sacramento Zoo on May 3rd by donating, sharing, liking and posting on social media!
Thanks to the support of all our donors, we won an additional $500 for the 10 o’clock time challenge and raised $67,452 for the zoo! On behalf of all the animals, keepers, volunteers, staff and the entire zoo team, we extend a heartfelt THANK YOU!
Over a 24-hour period at the Sacramento Zoo:
- 344 Thank you cards were written
- 1 plain-colored Amazon parrot danced
- 100% of the Sacramento Zoo Board of Trustees donated
- 13 Instagram posts
- $17,457.40 was raised in one hour
- 11 Facebook posts
- 6 blogs demonstrated the relationship between the animals and the staff at the zoo
- Docents, Zoo Teens and Volunteers donated
- 28 #BDOG2018 temporary tattoos were donned by zoo staff
- 1 $25,000 matching gift was met and exceeded
- 21 Tweets posted by @SacramentoZoo
- 1 time challenge was won
- Countless cups of coffee were consumed
…and 559 animals at the Sacramento Zoo were supported by the community.