3-5 year olds, with a caregiver
Little Peeps - Spring & Fall
The Little Peeps classes are 2-hours long and designed for 3 to 5 year-olds with a caregiver. Each class will focus on a different theme and will include a mini lesson, fun craft and other activities such as stories and songs to expand the learning. Little Peeps will also enjoy a special visit with one of our animal ambassadors. At the end of the class, caregivers will receive additional activity ideas to continue the learning fun at home. You may register for each class individually, or all 6 classes for a 10% discount.
- Classes are held from 9:30 to 11:30 am
- $30 per class for Sacramento Zoo Members, $35 for non-members
- Register for all 6 classes and receive a 10% off discount
- Little Peeps class themes are the same both days, simply register for one day per week: Thursday or Friday.
This spring each week in Little Peeps will be a new Creature Feature! Every time we meet, we will learn in depth about a different kind of animal. We will look at, or meet, that animal here in the Zoo and see up close what makes it unique and interesting.
Owls: February 16th or 17th
Turtles & Tortoises: February 23rd or 24th
Jaguars: March 2nd or 3rd
Fish: March 9th or 10th
Bats: March 16th or 17th
Giraffes: March 23rd or 24th
Little Peeps - Summer
Each Little Peeps summer class is 2 hours long, 9:30 to 11:30 am, and designed for 3 to 5 year-olds with a caregiver. Little Peeps will gather around for story time and make a take-home craft. During the class, we will visit one of our animal ambassadors. Class themes are the same for the whole week and you register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Summer Class Registration Guide Camp Schedule & Descriptions - coming in 2017
Registration opens spring 2017!
- Our Little Peeps class themes are the same for the whole week.
- You may register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
- Registrations for Little Peeps summer class, Zoo Camp and Zoo Quest will be seperate this year.
- Each one day class is two hours long, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Cost: $35 per class
- A camp t-shirt is not included, but will be available for purchase at the zoo before each class.
Cancellation and Session Changes
We understand that plans may change. If your camper is no longer able to attend the class(es) you signed up for please review our cancellation and session change policies page, print out the appropriate form and send it to our Reservation Specialist.
With their binocular craft
On the giraffe deck
Having fun with animal ears
Meeting the Desert Tortoise