Your guide to Zoo Camp registration.
Member Pre-Sale Preparation
Members must have a login and password for the zoo’s website in order to participate in the Member Summer Camp Pre-Sale. Follow the directions below to ensure you are all set for summer camp registration. Completing this process by March 5, 2022 will give our staff time to ensure you are ready to go and/or address any issues before summer camp registration. All up-to-date membership levels are eligible for Member Summer Camp Pre-sale.
This is a two-step process!
Step 1: Register for our website (if you have already registered for our website you can skip to step two).
Step 2: Check to make sure that your website registration is linked to your zoo membership.
Step 1: Register for our website: www.saczoo.org/register
- To make sure your website registration links to your zoo membership, you need the following information exactly as it appears on your membership card: first name, last name, address, phone number, and email.
- You will know that you have registered successfully when you receive a confirmation email
- Need assistance with this process? Call 916-808-5888 during regular business hours.
Step 2: Test your website registration: www.saczoo.org/membertest
- You need to test your website registration to make sure that it links to your zoo membership and that your membership is active.
- Make sure you are logged in to the website (your email will be visible in the top right corner of the screen when successfully logged in).
If you can add a quantity to your shopping cart on this page, great, you are all set! Please do not click “add to cart”. It is not necessary to go through with this registration. It seems simple but if you are logged in and have the ability to add an attendee to this membership test then this really is the final step in the process.
*Zoo members: Make sure that you are logged into the website and that your email address appears in the top right hand corner of the screen before you begin the registration process
Go to the camp registration page: www.saczoo.org/camps
- Choose the specific week and age group you wish to register for.
a. If you are registering for more than one class, each must be done individually.
b. If you are signing up multiple children in one class, that can be done all at once.
- Type in the number of campers you are registering in that specific class and click register.
- Enter camper info
a. You need to provide their name, phone number, and address
b. Do NOT click “use as billing info”, this information will be entered in at different time
c. DO click “Use this address for all registrants” if you want the last name and phone number that you just entered, associated with all campers you are registering only in this class
- Parent/Guardian information
You need to provide the name, phone number, and email of the parent or guardian
- Additional Emergency contact information
Please provide the name, phone number, and relationship to the child of your chosen emergency contact
- Child information
You need to provide the following information, please have it ready.
c. Grade your child will be going into as of Fall 2022
d. Any allergies your child has
e. If they will be carrying an inhaler, Epi Pen, or other medication to camp
f. What hospital you wish them to be taken to in case of an emergency
g. T-shirt size
h. A name for their button if different from the name they are registering with
i. Any additional behavioral or sensory concerns
- Policies you will need to review and/or agree to:
a. Promotional photo release
b. Cancellation and Refund Policy
c. Release of Liability
d. COVID Policy Compliance
- Additional Camper (in this class)
a. If you are registering multiple campers within one class, this is where you enter that second child’s information
b. For ease and speed, you can copy some fields as you go, including Policies and Parent/Guardian information. Look for the small, orange links on the right side of the screen under the specific sections.
- Add to Cart
- You will now be in the shopping cart screen
E-tickets are the only delivery option for camp registration— you will now have 25 minutes until you submit your payment before this class times out of your cart —
How to Add More Classes
- To add more classes and/or campers, CLICK THE BACK BUTTON on your browser twice to get back to the screen with all weeks listed. We do not recommend clicking “continue shopping” it will take you to a page with many more choices that are not camp-related.
- Choose another camp
- Repeat the entire process until all your campers are registered
NOTE: You can speed up the process by using the “Auto-fill” drop down option under the registrant info title. The information will be automatically generated from the registrant info already in your cart.
Once all campers have been registered and you are in your shopping cart, click “check out”. This will take you to the payment area
You are not done until you have clicked the “COMPLETE PAYMENT” button
You will then see a confirmation screen as well as receive a set of acknowledgement emails (one for every camp class you have registered for)
If a class is full and you wish to put your child on a wait list, you can find that by going to the summer camp wait list page.
- Find the appropriate age level group and fill out your camper’s information and select the class(es) you wish to put them on the wait list for
- Do not refresh the page – that will re-submit the same wait list request that you just submitted. If you are putting multiple campers on the wait list, you need to follow the link again to the wait list.
- If you are NOT a current Sacramento Zoo member and you submit your wait list inquiry during the pre-sale period, it will be deleted without notice.