Field Trip Reservation System
During a field trip, teachers will lead their group’s educational expedition throughout the Sacramento Zoo. Reservations are available for all ages, year-round and must be made in advance
The following qualify as a school:
Charter school, college, CORAL, Headstart, home school, TK-12 public, preschool, private, schools for homeless or START.
If you do not qualify as a school, you must reserve a Group Reservation.
FIELD TRIP PRICING:
April, May & June Pricing
Adult and student admission: $8
Children ages 0-1: Free
Regular School Rates
Adult and student admission: $7.50
Children ages 0-1: Free
TO MAKE A FIELD TRIP RESERVATION:
A follow-up Field Trip Agreement Form will then be emailed to the contact. A signed Field Trip Agreement Form must be returned to the zoo 2 weeks prior to the date of the field trip in order to secure the date and discounted rate.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
- Registration must be finalized with the zoo’s receipt of the signed Field Trip Agreement Form a minimum of 2 weeks in advance of the field trip date
- There must be 1 adult chaperone for every 8 students under the age of 18
- There must be a minimum of 10 individuals to qualify for the discounted rate
- Maximum capacity is 250 individuals per 30-minute entry time slot
- No deposit or payment is required to secure a field trip reservation.
- Payment will not be accepted in advance and is due the day of the scheduled trip. Cash (in exact change), company check for the exact amount, and all major credit cards are forms of payment accepted at the main entrance gate.
- You must make one payment for your field trip, and everyone must enter together. Anyone arriving late must pay the general admission rate for entry.
- Will students be permitted to each lunch inside the zoo? No, all lunches must be eaten in William Land Park surrounding the zoo. Re-entry will be permitted upon prior approval by zoo staff.
- Will we need to wear masks? Yes, MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES DURING YOUR ZOO VISIT due to county guidelines. Exceptions to the face covering requirement will be made for children under the age of 2 and people who are medically unable to wear one.
More field trip questions?
Please email the Member & Visitor Services office or call 916-808-5888
Reservations are subject to approval.