Group Reservation System
During a group visit, you will enjoy a self-guided expedition throughout the Sacramento Zoo. Reservations are available for all ages, year-round. To secure the discounted group rate to the Sacramento Zoo, registration must be made a minimum of 2 weeks in advance and groups must have 10 or more attendees. There must be 1 adult chaperone for every 8 children under the age of 18.
You may choose additional educational programming to enhance your experience during the reservation process.
Would you like to meet a zookeeper or an animal trainer to learn more about the zoo and its residents? This 30-minute interactive program will focus on one of the following topics, or a custom topic to fit your educational needs.
Program cost: Group of up to 20 people: $60. $2.50 for each additional person, up to 200 total in group.
- Animal care: Learn about what goes into caring for more than 500 animals that call the zoo home.
- Animal training: Meet with an animal trainer to learn about operant conditioning and how it is applied here at the zoo.
- Biomimicry: This keeper encounter explores the science of animals and how their adaptations influence our world of technology.
- Conservation: Explore animal conservation and learn about the zoo’s conservation projects and what you can do to help.
- Endangered species: Learn about the world of endangered species and habitats, highlighting success stories and new developments in the field.
- Zoo careers: Meet a zookeeper to learn about the variety of job opportunities at a zoo and how to get started on this career path.
This 20-minute, interactive show features three animal ambassadors and takes your students on a worldwide habitat tour to discover how an animal’s survival is dependent on their adaptations.
- Designed for kindergarten – 6th grade
- Months available: March/April and September/October
- Available: Tuesday – Thursdays (plus Fridays in September/October)
- Program begins at 10 am at the amphitheater
- 200 persons maximum
- Cost: $2.50 per person
Reservations are subject to approval.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
A non-refundable deposit must be made online to secure your reservation.
Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or no-shows.
Everyone in your group must enter together. Anyone arriving late must pay the general admission rate for entry.
More group reservation questions?
Please email the Reservations Specialist or call 916-808-8814.