Group Reservation System
During a group visit, you will enjoy a self-guided expedition throughout the Sacramento Zoo. Reservations are available for all ages, year-round. To secure the discounted group rate to the Sacramento Zoo, registration must be made a minimum of 1 week in advance and groups must have 10 or more attendees. There must be 1 adult chaperone for every 8 children under the age of 18.
You may choose additional educational programming to enhance your experience during the reservation process.
Would you like to meet a Zoo Keeper or an Animal Trainer to learn more about the Zoo and its animals? This 30-minute interactive program will focus on one of the following topics, or a custom topic to fit your educational needs.
Program cost: Group of up to 20 people: $60. $2.50 for each additional person, up to 60 total in group.
- Animal care: Learn about what it goes into the care, feeding and maintenance of the over 400 animals in the Zoo’s collection.
- Animal training: Meet with an animal trainer to learn about Operant Conditioning and how it is applied here at the Zoo.
- Biomimicry: This Keeper Encounter explores the science of animals and how their adaptations influence our world of technology.
- Conservation: Explore animal conservation and learn about the Zoo’s conservation projects and what you can do to help.
- Endangered species: Learn about the world of endangered species and habitats, highlighting success stories and new developments in the field.
- Zoo careers: Meet a Zoo Keeper to learn about the variety of job opportunities at a Zoo and how to get started on this career path.
This 20 minute, interactive show features three Animal Ambassadors and takes your students on a worldwide habitat tour to discover how an animal’s survival is dependent on their adaptations.
- Designed for Kindergarten – 6th grade
- Months available: March/April and September/October
- Available: Tuesday – Thursdays (plus Fridays in September/October)
- Program begins at 10:00 a.m. at the amphitheater
- 200 persons maximum
- Cost: $2.50 per person
Reservations are subject to approval.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions
Payment must be made online to secure your reservation.
Refunds will not be issued for cancellations or no-shows.
Everyone in your group must enter together. Anyone arriving late must pay the General Admission rate for entry.
More group reservation questions?
Please email the Reservations Specialist or call 916. 808.8814.