Little Peeps – Fall
Classes are sold out.
The Little Peeps wait list is now full.
The Little Peeps classes are two hours long and designed for 3- to 5-year-olds with a caregiver. Each class will focus on a different theme and is packed with fun crafts, games, music and more. Little Peeps will also enjoy a special visit with one of our animal ambassadors. At the end of the class, caregivers will receive additional activity ideas to continue the learning fun at home. You may register for each class individually, or all 6 classes for a 10% discount.
- Classes are held from 9:30 to 11:30 am
- $35 per class for Sacramento Zoo Members, $40 for non-members
- Register for all 6 classes and receive a 10% off discount
- Pre-registration is required
Wednesdays: September 29, October 6, 13, 20, 27, November 3
Thursdays: September 30, October 7, 14, 21, 28, November 4
Fall Class Topics
This fall we will be travelling around the world during our 6 week journey in Little Peeps! Each week we will focus on a different area of the world and the animals that live there. We will also learn about what makes those places unique and how the animals are adapted to live there.
September 29 & 30
Sumatra: This week we will learn all about the fascinating island of Sumatra! Home to tigers, orangutans and more; this endangered habitat has many unique creatures as inhabitants.
October 6 & 7
North America: Local animals will be the stars of this week’s class! We will learn all about some interesting animals that live around us here in California and all of North America, many of whom we may never even notice!
October 13 & 14
Himalayas: Some of our most popular animals, such as the snow leopards and red pandas, hail from the Himalayas! Come to Little Peeps this week to learn all about this chilly mountain habitat and how those animals survive there.
October 20 & 21
Australia: The Little Peeps will be leaping like wallabies and laughing like kookaburras this week! We will learn what makes Australia special and about the special animals who call this wonderful continent home!
October 27 & 28
Madagascar: Madagascar is a small and very unique endangered habitat. It is home to all types of lemurs, who don’t live anywhere else in the world! This will be an exciting week in Little Peeps!
November 3 & 4
Africa: Journey all the way to Africa for our final week of Little Peeps this fall. We will learn about the fascinating animals that live in this diverse region of the world!
- Masks must be worn by all kids and all adults at all times during the class (even outside).
- All hands will be sanitized upon entering the classroom, each time we come from outside.
- Students and parents will be distanced from each other inside as much as the classroom allows.
- Animal encounters and enrichment will occur outside.
- The zoo will not be providing a snack, but time will be allotted for guests to eat snacks they bring from home, outside only, while socially distanced.
- All classroom surfaces will be disinfected prior to the class starting for the day, and immediately following the end of class at 11:30 am.
Little Peeps – Summer
Each Little Peeps summer class is two hours long, 9:30 to 11:30 am, and designed for 3- to 5-year-olds with a caregiver. Little Peeps will gather around for story time and make a take-home craft. During the class, we will visit one of our animal ambassadors. Class themes are the same for the whole week and you register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Parent of a Little Peep