SAFARI AT HOME
K-6th Grade Virtual Summer Camps
Missing Sacramento Zoo’s summer camp? We’ve got you covered virtually! Join the Sacramento Zoo’s 2020 Camp “Safari at Home” where your campers will explore the world of animals and conservation through live video chats, themed crafts and activities, customized videos, and live (virtual) animal enrichments. Campers will get a chance to interact with a zookeeper in small group Zoom sessions and meet a variety of animals. Each week-long camp is themed and grade-specific, and every week is different!
Registration is open!
Through the use of Google Classroom and Zoom, campers can access new and exciting content every day of the week,without leaving their home. Each week-long, themed camp class includes:
- A morning all-camp wacky wake-up (virtually) EVERY morning (15 minutes)
- One class-specific zoom session with a zookeeper and animal ambassadors (60 minutes)
- Two all-camp virtual animal enrichments in the zoo (15 – 20 minutes each)
- Exciting content uploaded to Google Classroom every day at 8 am
- Access to Epic! Online library during your camp week, which includes 40,000 books, audiobooks, videos, and more!
- A packet with craft materials, instructions and additional activity options (to be picked up prior to camp start)
All-camp Wacky Wake-Up
(Includes camp songs and activities to get up and move!)
- Every morning, Monday-Friday, 9:30 am – 9:45 am
All-camp animal enrichments
(Virtually tune in as zookeepers give one of our resident animals an enrichment to enjoy!)
- Tuesday, 11 am
- Friday, 2 pm
Individual camp class programs
(each class will separately take part in a 60-minute themed session with a zookeeper and animal ambassadors!)
- Kindergarten: Monday, 2 pm
- 1st-2nd Grade: Tuesday, 2 pm
- 3rd-4th Grade: Wednesday, 2 pm
- 5th-6th Grade: Thursday, 2 pm
(Packets with supplies will be available to pick up at the zoo prior to camp week)
- Craft materials and instruction sheet
- Schedule print-out
- Additional activities to incorporate at home
- Markers, crayons, paints or colored pencils
- Computer, tablet or phone with internet access
Cancellations must be received in writing no less than 72 hours prior to the program date for a full refund.
Zoo to You Virtual Programs
This interactive, virtual zoo experience allows you to enjoy the zoo without leaving your home! This program features a 15 minute private zoom chat with a live animal ambassador and zoo educator, PLUS an easy-to-follow packet with activities to engage your group before and after your virtual encounter. Choose one of the topics below to start your adventure!
- Birds of Prey – Hawks, owls, eagles, oh my! Meet one of our winged hunters to learn more about how birds of prey rule the skies.
- Reptiles – They might not be warm and fuzzy, but these cold-blooded creatures are sure to warm your heart!
- Habitats – All animals have a home, each unique in their own way. Learn how animals can live and thrive all around the world.
15-minute live program with additional self-guided activities to extend the learning.
One to two animals
10 am, 10:30 am, 11 am, 12:30 pm, 1 pm, 1:30 pm
(Other times available by special order and at an additional cost – must be during zoo hours)
$45 for zoo members