Fall virtual Camp
K-6th Grade Virtual Camp
Nov. 23 – 24
9 am to noon
Thankful for Animals!
Tis the season to be thankful and we are thankful for all the wonderful ways in which plants and animals work together to make our planet thrive! Join the Sacramento Zoo’s 2020 Virtual Fall Camp “Thankful for Animals” where your campers will explore the world of animals and conservation through live video chats, themed crafts and activities, customized videos, and live (virtual) animal enrichments. Campers will get a chance to interact with zookeepers and meet a variety of animals.
- Monday through Tuesday, November 23 and 24 from 9 am to 12 pm
- Three-hour session will include two bathroom/snack breaks, plus plenty of activities that get campers up and moving around!
- $100 per camper (includes both days)
(Packets with supplies will be available to pick up at the zoo prior to camp)
- Craft Materials and instruction sheet
- Additional activities to incorporate at home
- Markers, crayons, paints, or colored pencils
- Computer, tablet, or phone with internet access
Zoo to You Virtual Programs
Looking for a virtual, interactive experience that will bring the zoo straight to your home or classroom? This versatile Zoom program can be tailored to any age group, event, and interest level. Learn from our zoo educators and animal ambassadors in this individualized, private program. Choose from the topics below or customize the length and theme to fit your group’s needs!
15-minute live program. Option to extend the program length in 15-minute increments up to 45-minutes with additional animal ambassadors.
One to two animal ambassadors in our basic Zoom program. Additional animal ambassadors and/or an exhibit enrichment will be incorporated if consecutive programs are booked.
An easy-to-follow packet* with activities to engage your group before and after your virtual encounter.
*Classroom packets are grade-specific and meet NGSS and ELA standards. They are also Google Classroom compatible!
Choose from one of the following three-set topics or contact the education staff to create your own!
- Birds of Prey – Hawks, owls, eagles, oh my! Meet one of our winged hunters to learn more about how birds of prey rule the skies.
- Reptiles – They might not be warm and fuzzy, but these cold-blooded creatures are sure to warm your heart!
- Habitats – All animals have a home, each unique in their own way. Learn how animals can live and thrive all around the world.
11 am, 1 pm, 1:30 pm, 2 pm
(Other times available by special order and at an additional cost – must be during zoo hours)
$50 – $150 depending on the length of the program
$5 discount on one program for zoo members
The Sacramento Zoo strives to provide educational opportunities for all income levels. To learn more, visit the Scholarship page. Applications MUST be submitted prior to registration.
Are you looking for a new way to engage your staff or clients?
Consider a virtual break at the zoo! Contact the Education Staff for prices and bookings.