Little Peeps – Spring & Fall
The Little Peeps classes are 2 hours long and designed for 3 to 5-year-olds with a caregiver. Each class will focus on a different theme and will include a mini lesson, fun craft and other activities such as stories and songs to expand the learning. Little peeps will also enjoy a special visit with one of our animal ambassadors. At the end of the class, caregivers will receive additional activity ideas to continue the learning fun at home. You may register for each class individually, or all 6 classes for a 10% discount.
- Classes are held from 9:30 to 11:30 am
- $30 per class for Sacramento Zoo members, $35 for non-members
- Register for all 6 classes and receive a 10% off discount
- Little Peeps class themes are the same both days, simply register for one day per week: Thursday or Friday.
Little Peeps is SOLD OUT!
This fall we will be learning all about habitats! Come learn about one, two, or join us all six weeks and become a habitat hotshot. We will learn about what these habitats look like, who lives there, and what makes those animals unique!
October 12th & 13th
Savannahs: The savannah is a unique habitat full of tall trees and tall giraffes! But who else lives on the savannah? Come to the first peeps class of the fall to find out!
October 19th & 20th
Swamps: Swamps are mucky, ooey and gooey and filled with many stinky creatures. Come to this class to learn about the exceptional animals that live in swamps.
October 26th & 27th
Deserts: Who can survive in a dry, hot desert? Do the animals that live there need water? Where do they go to cool down? We will answer all these questions and more!
November 2nd & 3rd
Forests: There are forests all over the world from here in California to across the world in China. In this class we will learn about creatures who live up high in the trees as well as ones who navigate the forest floor.
November 9th & 10th
Rainforests: In this class we will be learning about rainforests around the world. They are full of colorful birds and interesting reptiles that live within the layers of this habitat! Come learn about these awesome creatures with us!
November 16th & 17th
Ponds & Streams: We have ponds and streams all around us here in California but what animals live in them? In this class we will meet some local friends from river and pond habitats.
Parent of a Little Peep
Little Peeps – Summer
Each Little Peeps summer class is 2 hours long, 9:30 to 11:30 am, and designed for 3 to 5-year-olds with a caregiver. Little peeps will gather around for story time and make a take-home craft. During the class, we will visit one of our animal ambassadors. Class themes are the same for the whole week and you register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday.
Registration opens March 2018
- Our Little Peeps class themes are the same for the whole week
- You may register for one class per week: Tuesday, Wednesday, Thursday or Friday
- Registrations for Little Peeps summer class, Zoo Camp and Zoo Quest will be separate this year
- Each one day class is two hours long, 9:30 – 11:30 am
- Cost: $35 per class
- A camp t-shirt is not included, but will be available for purchase at the zoo before each class
Become a Corporate Hero