Preparing for a Field Trip
Make the most of your field trip by preparing your students before your big day with these resources.
Zoo Animal Fact Sheets
Visit the animal section of the website for fact sheets with information about everything from lifespan to conservation available for most of our zoo animals.
In the Education Department, we have a small library dedicated to information about animals, the environment and conservation.
Teacher Loan Kits
*Free with refundable deposit!
We know how hard it is to design new and engaging lessons. When it comes to animals and the environment, we’ve already done the work for you! Our kits include a fully designed lesson with biofacts, games, and hands on activities to bring biology to life. The following teacher resources are available for check out at the Education Department by appointment:
- Bird themed check-out kit : Includes eggs, feathers and books.
- Suitcase for Survival kit: Addresses the illegal trade in wildlife products. *Teachers are required to schedule a short training before using this kit.
- Wetlands kit: Hands on activities about the roles of wetlands.
College Student Research Pass
The research pass is designed for college students who are required to complete an observational research assignment. With this pass, students can make up to three single visits at their convenience at a discounted rate of $7.50 per visit.
Professors apply for the research passes on behalf of their students.
To apply, provide the professors name, college name, semester dates, contact and mailing information, class roster and class assignment via email to the Reservation Specialist.
- All necessary information must be received before your request can be processed.
- Please allow three weeks for processing.
- Once your request has been approved, individual passes will be assigned to each student on your class roster.
- The research pass, a valid photo ID, and payment must be presented at the time of entry.