Members are invited
Your Sacramento Zoo membership includes exclusive events throughout the year and free admission to some of the most popular general events.
3:30 pm: January 14 and 23
Missing the zoo? Join us virtually to get your fix! Spend 15 minutes via Zoom with our educators and animal ambassadors at a FREE member-only event!
Space is limited. You must be logged in as a member to reserve your space. Reservations close at noon the day before each event.
An invitation to attend the meeting will be sent out the day before the event via email.
Registration for the Member Virtual Zoo to You has ended.
5:30 to 7:30 pm: April 29 & May 13
Tickets on sale April 21 at noon
Zoo members are invited to enjoy the zoo in the evening on Thursday, April 29 and May 13. Take a stroll, delight in the Delta breeze and check out the animals’ evening routines! Members will need to reserve tickets and the number of free tickets received will be determined by your membership level. Kampala will be open to purchase dinner.
How do I reserve my tickets?
Before you can reserve your timed entry admission tickets you must have a login and password for the zoo’s website. Completing the process below in advance of reserving tickets will ensure a smooth process.
Step 1: Register for our website (if you have already registered for our website you can skip to step two).
Step 2: Check to make sure that your website registration is linked to your zoo membership.
Step 1: Register for our website: www.saczoo.org/register
- To make sure your website registration links to your zoo membership, you need the following information as it appears on your membership card: your name, address, phone number, and email. (Note that each named member may create their own login with their own email address so that they may log in independently of one another.)
- You will know that you have registered successfully when you receive a confirmation email
Step 2: Test your website registration: www.saczoo.org/membertest
- You need to test your website registration to make sure that it links to your zoo membership and that your membership is active.
- Make sure you are logged in to the website
If you can add an attendee to your shopping cart for this test event, great, you are all set! Please do not click “add to cart”. It is not necessary to go through with this registration. It seems simple but if you are logged in and have the ability to add an attendee to this membership test then this really is the final step in the process.
Need assistance with this process? Call 916-808-5888 during regular business hours.
Once this process is complete, click the “Reserve Member Tickets” button above.
What time is the event?
Event runs from 5:30 to 7:30pm
Can I bring extra guests not covered by my membership?
Yes, if you reserve more tickets than your membership covers, you will be charged for the extra guests (Adults $18.00, Children age 2-11: $13.00).
Can I just show up that night?
Reservations must be made online in advance. Due to mandates set by Sacramento County health officials to keep everyone safe, we are operating at a reduced capacity. We expect this event will be filled to capacity with advance reservations and we will be unable to accommodate any walkup registrations.
What should I do if I need to cancel my reservation?
Call the Member & Visitor services office at 916-808-5888 and we will release your tickets for another member to use.
What happens if I’m running late?
Please make every effort to arrive on time. We have set a certain number of tickets per entry time so reduce lines at the gates. However, if you arrive outside your entry window, you will absolutely still be able to get into the zoo until the gates close at 8pm.
Will all of the animals be out?
Yes, with a few exceptions. The orangutans and meerkats “bedtime” schedules mimic their behavior in the will and they will not be on exhibit. The Reptile House will remain closed until further notice due to COVID-19 precautions as in indoor space. And as always, the animals have access to their dens and can opt to be indoors or on exhibit at their preference.
Will the café be open?
Yes, the Kampala Café and Cones ice cream stand will be open.
Will the Zoofari Market gift store be open?
Yes, and we will offer a 20% discount to members that evening.
Will the rides be running?
Yes, the Conservation Carousel, Zoo train and Kilimanjaro Climb will all be open. Members save $1 on tickets purchased during the event.
Will there be a giraffe encounter?
Yes, there will be a giraffe encounter at 6:15 pm. Available at the Tall Wonders Viewing Deck for $5 per person, credit card only.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- MASKS/FACE COVERINGS ARE REQUIRED AT ALL TIMES DURING YOUR ZOO VISIT due to county guidelines. Exceptions to the face covering requirement will be made for children under the age of 2 and people who are medically unable to wear one.
- All tickets must be purchased and reserved in advance online.
- The zoo is currently not accepting cash – credit card transactions only.
- Please do not visit if you feel ill. Call 916-808-5888 for assistance with rescheduling your tickets.
- Please maintain a six-foot distance between your group and others when visiting.
For any additional help, please email the Member & Visitor Services Office or call 916-808-5888.
Don’t see what you are looking for?
Use the drop-down menu in the blue box below to filter by category.