BIG Day of Giving
Thursday, May 2, 2019
Ready. Set. Give!
The Sacramento Zoo is home to 461 individual animals representing 122 different species. From the tiniest dart frog to the 1,200-pound giraffe, every single animal at the zoo receives the very best care to meet their specific needs.
Your gift to the Sacramento Zoo on Big Day of Giving helps the zoo to continue in its mission to inspire appreciation, respect and a connection with wildlife and nature through education, conservation and recreation.
Every dollar you donate will help the zoo receive a boost from a pool of incentive funds provided by local partners. The more contributions to the zoo, the more incentive dollars we receive. This is a great opportunity to make your dollar stretch!
Here is how you can help!
- Make a donation at www.bigdayofgiving.org on May 2.
Donations can be as small as $15 or as large as $10,000 – every penny counts!
- NEW! Start a social media campaign and ask your friends to support the zoo on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter! More information and a tutorial to get you started are available here.
- OR, schedule your online donation as early as April 15.
Make your donation count even more
- Help the zoo win a $500 prize challenge by donating from 10:00 am to 10:59 am on May 2.
- Thanks to our partners at Jiffy Lube, your donation on Big Day of Giving will be matched up to $5,000!
- Use your Golden1 debit or credit card and your donation will be proportionately matched!
Spread the word – Your help makes a BIG impact
- Tell your friends and family about the Big Day of Giving and encourage them to join in.
- “Like” the Sacramento Zoo on Facebook, and share and like our #BDOG2019 posts.
- Follow the Sacramento Zoo on Twitter, use #BDOG2019 and #SacZoo and share the zoo’s posts.
- Find the Sacramento Zoo on Instagram and like the zoo’s #BDOG2019 posts.
Your donation of any amount will help the Sacramento Zoo continue our important work with the amazing animals that call the zoo home.
Thanks to our Big Day of Giving superheroes: