Online Silent Auction
September 22 to 29, 2020
Especially during these very uncertain times, your nonprofit Sacramento Zoo needs your support more than ever.
Did you know that it costs the Sacramento Zoo more than $460,000 every 30 days to operate…even during a pandemic? Despite an extended closure, and the forced cancellation of fundraising programs and events, the zoo’s dedicated staff continues to provide exceptional daily care to the nearly 500 animals that call the Sac Zoo home.
Auction 2020 was designed to generate much-needed revenue for the zoo while offering our supporters some amazing, once-in-a-lifetime experiences, domestic travel packages, wildlife art and much more.
To register to bid go the auction catalog, and click the “Start Bidding” button in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
Be sure to include your mobile number to receive text updates on your bids.
If you need further assistance, please see the step-by-step directions, how-to videos, FAQs and guidelines below.
- Go to our auction page.
- Click the “Start Bidding” button in the upper right-hand corner.
- Click the green “Create Account” button.
- Enter your email address.
- Wait for verification email (make sure to check your junk folder if you don’t receive it).
- Follow the verification link and fill-out the form. Be sure to provide your mobile number so you can receive important texts about the auction and the items you bid on. Credit card information entered will only be used when bidding or donation through the auction site.
- Verify payment method, billing address, email and mobile number are correct. Then click “Create.”
- Click on the “Start Bidding!” link to enter the auction!
- Consider placing a MAX BID. This helpful feature allows you to place the maximum amount you are willing to spend on a package. Once a max bid is placed, the system will bid on your behalf until the max bid amount has been reached. More information on Max Bids is available in the “How to Start Bidding” video listed below.
Sign Up To Bid with Greater Giving Online Bidding
Watch this YouTube video to learn how to register as a bidder for a Greater Giving Online Bidding event in a few simple steps.
How to Start Bidding
In this YouTube video, see how to bid quickly and easily using Greater Giving Online Bidding.
- The Sacramento Zoo’s Auction 2020 opens at NOON on Tuesday, September 22, 2020 and will close at NOON on Tuesday, September 29, 2020. Bidding on an item will stop when the auction is closed.
- All sales are final and are not subject to refunds or warranty. All item are “as is.”
- Sacramento Zoo makes no warranties or representations of any kind or nature, either expressed or implied, with respect to the property or items. Sacramento Zoo has attempted to describe and auction items correctly, but does not warrant or represent, and shall in no way be responsible for the correctness of descriptions, genuineness, authorship or condition of items.
- Suggested values have been supplied by the donors and are not guaranteed by Sacramento Zoo.
- Certificates issued are one-of-a-kind, and in most instances cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Expiration dates are firm and in most cases cannot be extended.
- After the close of the auction, the winner’s credit card will be charged and a receipt will be emailed to the email address on file.
- Winning bidders are responsible for picking up their item(s) unless otherwise stated in the description. Pick-ups will be available during designated times. Instructions will be sent to winners after the auction closes.
- If the item requires shipment, the winning bidder assumes all associated costs.
- What kind of technology will I need to register and bid?
To view and bid on auction items, you will need access to a computer or mobile device with internet connection. We suggest entering your mobile phone number when registering to participate, so you will be able to receive text notifications regarding your bids. If you need any assistance placing bids, please contact us at 916-808-3713 or email@example.com.
- Can I pay by cash or check?
We cannot accept payments by cash or check at this time to ensure that all transactions can be fulfilled in a timely manner. Upon registering, you will be asked to provide credit card information.
- How do I get any items I have won?
To receive your items, you must pay online by credit card in order to coordinate pick-up/delivery of your item. Within the week following the closing of the auction, we will contact you regarding your preference for pick-up in person at Sacramento Zoo, or delivery. Some items must be picked-up and cannot be mailed.Pick-ups will be available during designated times. Instructions will be sent to winners after the auction closes.For delivery, we will add any shipping and handling costs to your balance for you to authorize payment. Once we have received payment confirmation for the shipping costs, we will package the item and choose the mail carrier at our discretion. If you would like to add insurance for the shipment, please let us know.
- I accidentally placed a bid. What should I do?
Please contact us at 916-808-3713 or firstname.lastname@example.org before 9 am on Tuesday, September 29, 2020.
For question or help with the auction, please contact
916-808-3713 or email@example.com