Evening at the Zoo
Friday, July 31, 2020 – SOLD OUT
Thursday, August 20, 2020 – CANCELLED DUE TO POOR AIR QUALITY
Friday, August 21, 2020 – CANCELLED DUE TO POOR AIR QUALITY
Thursday, August 27, 2020
Friday, August 28, 2020
5 to 8 pm
Enjoy the zoo in the evening! Take a stroll, delight in the Delta breeze and check out the animals’ evening routines!
Please note that Evenings at the Zoo on August 20 and 21 have been cancelled due to poor air quality.
Children ages 2-11: $11.50
Members receive free tickets based on membership level.
Are you a Sacramento Zoo member?
Register for the website to receive member discounts. Test your registration here.
If you have already registered for the website, please click “Sign in” in the upper right of the screen.
What time is the event?
Event runs from 5 to 8 pm
Can I just show up that night?
Reservations must be made online in advance. Due to mandates set by Sacramento County health officials to keep everyone safe, we are operating at a reduced capacity. We expect this event will be filled to capacity with advance reservations and we will be unable to accommodate any walk-up registrations. Admission tickets must be reserved online in advance.
Will the café be open?
Yes, the Kampala Café and Cones ice cream stand will be open (outdoor only).
Is the outdoor gift store market open?
What happens if I’m running late?
Please make every effort to arrive on time. We have set a certain number of tickets per entry time to reduce lines at the gates. However, if you arrive outside your entry window, you will absolutely still be able to get into the zoo until the gates close at 8 pm.
Will all of the animals be out?
Yes, with a few exceptions. The orangutans’ and meerkats’ “bedtime” schedules mimic their behavior in the will and they will not be on exhibit. The Reptile House will remain closed until further notice due to COVID-19 precautions as in indoor space. And as always, the animals have access to their dens and can opt to be indoors or on exhibit at their preference.
Is there anything else I need to know?
- Masks/face coverings are required to enter the zoo and within the zoo whenever social distancing from staff and other groups is not possible. Exceptions to the face covering requirement will be made for children 2 years or under and people who are medically unable to wear one. See the most current face covering guidelines put forth by the California Department of Public Health for further information.
- The zoo is currently not accepting cash – credit card transactions only.
- Please do not visit if you feel ill. Call 916-808-5888 for assistance with rescheduling your tickets.
- Please maintain a six-foot distance between your group and others when visiting.
I’m a member. How do I get my tickets?
Before you can receive your member discount, you must have a login and password for the zoo’s website. Completing the process below in advance of reserving tickets will ensure a smooth process. If you already have an active login, simply click on the orange Buy Tickets button above once registration opens.
Step 1: Register for our website (if you have already registered for our website you can skip to step two).
Step 2: Check to make sure that your website registration is linked to your zoo membership.
Step 1: Register for our website: www.saczoo.org/register
- To make sure your website registration links to your zoo membership, you need the following information as it appears on your membership card: your name, address, phone number, and email. (Note that each named member may create their own login with their own email address so that they may log in independently of one another.)
- You will know that you have registered successfully when you receive a confirmation email
Step 2: Test your website registration: www.saczoo.org/membertest
- You need to test your website registration to make sure that it links to your zoo membership and that your membership is active.
- Make sure you are logged in to the website
If you can add an attendee to your shopping cart for this test event, great, you are all set! Please do not click “add to cart”. It is not necessary to go through with this registration. It seems simple but if you are logged in and have the ability to add an attendee to this membership test then this really is the final step in the process.
Need assistance with this process? Call 916-808-5888 during regular business hours.
Once this process is complete, click the orange Buy Tickets button above!