On-site Girl Scout Badge Days
Spend a morning getting up close and personal with some of the zoo’s animal ambassadors while enjoying fun-filled presentations and activities. You’ll also be able to explore the entire zoo and complete the outdoors- or animal-related badge for your age group. After the program ends, remain in the zoo after the program ends until closing time with your group to see any critters you missed, catch another show or chat with an animal keeper.
Each Girl Scout will also receive a special activity patch for the day. Actual badges and petals, if needed, should be purchased directly from the council.
Note that some of the events listed below may be cancelled as a result of the COVID-19 temporary zoo closure.
Daisy: Sunday, May 3, 2020 – 9 am to 12 pm OR Sunday, May 24, 2020, earning the Eco Learner badge (the two dates are identical programs – please choose one).
Brownie: Sunday, Apr. 26, 2020 – 9 am to 12 pm, earning the Eco Friend badge.
Junior: Sunday, Apr. 5, 2020 – 9 am to 12 pm, earning the Animal Habitats badge.
Cadette: Sunday, Mar. 29, 2020 – 9 am to 12 pm, earning the Animal Helpers badge.
Mixed Level Day: Sunday, Sep. 20, 2020 – 9 am to 12 pm, earning corresponding age group badge.
$20 per Girl Scout and adult chaperone
Online payment is required at the time of registration
Payments may be made with Visa or MasterCard
Payment is non-refundable
Reservations / Details:
- Please meet at the front gate of the zoo at 8:30 am to begin check in.
- 1 adult chaperone per 6 scouts, minimum. Please minimize the number of extra adults to leave room for scouts.
- No food or beverages are provided, but please feel free to bring your own snacks or visit our Kampala Café for lunch.
- This program is “rain or shine” so please come prepared for inclement weather.
- Spaces fill up fast so choose a program below based on your group’s age level and begin your online reservation!
Become a Corporate Hero