April 22, 2021
4 to 7:30 pm
Entrance times at 4 pm, 4:30 pm, 5 pm, and 5:30 pm*
If you love puzzles, you won’t want to miss this adult only (21+) edition of Locked Zoo. On this outdoor adventure, your household team will explore select areas of the zoo to find the clues, solve the puzzles, and save the day! There’s plenty of animals to see along the way, beverages (including adult ones!) will be available for purchase and you can pre-order a delicious dinner box. The challenge will not be timed. Proceed at your leisure! You’ll be able to enjoy the zoo until 7:30 p.m.
- This experience is tailored for adults 21 and older.
- Teams can range from 2-6 people – from the same household only.
- Cell phone required – this event REQUIRES a cell phone with data to participate. You will need one per team, fully charged. You will be watching videos and completing tasks through your phone. Phone charging stations are not available.
- Masks/face coverings are required at all times on zoo grounds, unless enjoying food or beverage.
Adult (21+): $45
Adult (21+) with dinner: $60
This event is SOLD OUT
Dinner Box Options
Grilled Teriyaki Skewers
Choice of chicken or pork marinated in house teriyaki served over jasmine white rice, topped with fresh cut green onions and toasted sesame seeds.
Grilled organic tofu and vegetables over jasmine white rice
BBQ Pulled Pork Sliders
Shredded pork topped with sweet BBQ sauce and coleslaw served with house-made chips
Alcohol – For Purchase On Site
Local Craft Beers – Pilsner, IPAs and Pale Ale
House-made Cocktail: Jungle Juice
- Cell Phone Required – this event REQUIRES a cell phone with data to participate. You will need one per team, fully charged. You will be watching videos and completing tasks through your phone. Phone charging stations are not available.
- Mask – Face coverings are required on zoo grounds, except while enjoying food and beverage.
- Dress for the Weather (rain, cold, or shine)! This event takes place outdoors.
- Wear Comfy Shoes! The zoo is a big place and you will be walking a large part of it for this event.
- Positive Gaming Attitude – this is a fun, entertaining evening intended to help you have fun learning about wildlife conservation, while enjoying the animals and the outdoors at the Sacramento Zoo. Challenges will test your problem-solving skills, and volunteers across the zoo will help guide you (if needed!).
- Valid ID with birth date, such as CA driver’s license
- Park and enter the zoo through our front gate.
- Arrive and enter during your timed ticket entry time ONLY, with your entire team present.
- You’ll receive your Locked Zoo experience package as a team on your arrival in the zoo plaza. This will include your complete experience instructions, and Locked Zoo map including:
- Where to pick up your pre-purchased dinner boxes
- Dining locations
- Restroom locations
- The Locked Zoo: Finders Keepers experience should take a maximum of 2 hours to complete, allowing ample time to sit down, and enjoy dinner and the outdoor zoo grounds.
We ask that you keep the content of this game private. Special experiences like these are crucial to our financial success. If you enjoy the Locked Zoo, please share your evening on social media using #followusatthezoo; referrals are warmly welcomed!
Tickets are non-refundable as this a fundraiser for the Sacramento Zoo.
This is a rain or shine event, unless cancelled by the zoo.
- The Sacramento Zoo is a safety-minded, outdoor-only, world wildlife experience. Be sure to follow the important Health & Safety information below and all on park signage! We ask all Locked Zoo participants to practice safe physically distancing, to wash your paws often, and to only congregate with your household team.
- There will be a couple of versions of the Locked Zoo experience taking place at the same time. You’re welcome to walk and enjoy all outdoor areas of the zoo grounds, but don’t worry if you see clues and activities that you didn’t do – they won’t all apply to your team’s challenge!
- This event is entirely accessible.
- The Sacramento Zoo closes at 4 pm and all members of the general public are expected to vacate the zoo grounds by 4 pm. This special event ticket allows you to stay on grounds until 7:30 pm. You will need to keep it with you at all times, either on your phone or as a printout.
- We kindly ask that you do not bring outside food and beverages to this event. Your support of our food services is greatly appreciated and helps us make these events financially stable.
Important Health and Safety guidelines
You are not to enter the Sacramento Zoo if:
- You are ill or experiencing symptoms of COVID -19. These include:
- Shortness of breath
- Runny nose
- Sore throat
- And/or others listed on the CDC website
- You have been exposed to someone who has been diagnosed with or has symptoms of COVID-19.
- You or someone in your household has traveled internationally in the past 14 days.
If you are experiencing any of the above symptoms, please contact the Member & Visitor Services Office to make alternative arrangements at 916-808-5888.
You will be asked to follow all CDC and Sacramento Zoo Guidelines on zoo grounds:
- Practice physical distancing: keep 6 feet between your household and others.
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds.
- Face coverings are required inside Sacramento Zoo.