April 21, 2022
5 to 8:30 pm
If you love puzzles, you won’t want to miss this evening edition of Locked Zoo. Your team will explore the zoo to solve an elaborate series of puzzles about forests!
Puzzle your way through Sac Zoo’s escape experience during the evening and enjoy the zoo after hours. Find the clues, solve the puzzles, and save the day. There’s plenty of animals to visit along the way and be sure to pre-order a delicious light dinner box. The challenge will not be timed. Proceed at your leisure! You will be able to enjoy the zoo until 8:30 pm.
- This experience is tailored for adults 18 and older.
- Teams can range from 2 – 6 people.
- Cell phone required – this event REQUIRES a cell phone with data to participate. You will need one per team, fully charged. You will be watching videos and completing tasks through your phone. Phone charging stations are not available.
- Masks/face coverings are optional.
- Your booking must include your Team Name – this is essential for the Locked Zoo packages you will receive on arrival.
- All team members must arrive at the same time to start the game. Please make sure everyone in your team uses the exact team name.
- This is a rain-or-shine event, unless cancelled by the zoo.
Adult (18+): $50
Adult (18+) with dinner: $65
Dinner Box Options
BBQ Turkey BLT
With candied bacon, Bibb lettuce, roasted tomatoes, garlic aioli, avocado mayo on ciabatta bread. Served with chips, water, brown butter rice crispy treat and potato salad.
Salmon Poke Bowl
With quinoa (raw), edamame, green onion, crispy garlic, salmon crudo, charred chili aioli and avocado. Served with chips, water, brown butter rice crispy treat and potato salad.
Tomato Mozzarella Ciabatta
With balsamic aioli, marinated tomatoes, lemon burrata on ciabatta bread. Served with chips, water, brown butter rice crispy treat and potato salad.
Alcohol – For Purchase On Site
Local beers on draft, Coors and Urban Roots cans, plus more!
- Cell Phone Required – this event REQUIRES a cell phone with data to participate. You will need one per team, fully charged. You will be watching videos and completing tasks through your phone. Phone charging stations are not available.
- Dress for the Weather (rain, cold, or shine)! This event takes place outdoors.
- Wear Comfy Shoes! The zoo is a big place and you will be walking a large part of it for this event.
- Positive Gaming Attitude – this is a fun, entertaining evening intended to help you have fun learning about wildlife conservation, while enjoying the animals and the outdoors at the Sacramento Zoo. Challenges will test your problem-solving skills, and volunteers across the zoo will help guide you (if needed!).
- Valid ID with birth date, such as CA driver’s license
- Park and enter the zoo through our front gate.
- Once you enter the zoo you will be given your team packet and you will be directed to your starting area. You can visit the whole zoo, but your game will only encompass part of the zoo.
- The team packet will include your complete experience instructions, and Locked Zoo map including:
- Where to pick up your pre-purchased dinner boxes
- Dining locations
- Restroom locations
- The Locked Zoo experience should take a maximum of 2 hours to complete, allowing ample time to sit down, and enjoy dinner and the outdoor zoo grounds.
We ask that you keep the content of this game private. Special experiences like these are crucial to our financial success. If you enjoy the Locked Zoo, please share your evening on social media using #followusatthezoo; referrals are warmly welcomed!
Tickets are non-refundable as this a fundraiser for the Sacramento Zoo.
This is a rain or shine event, unless cancelled by the zoo.
- This event is entirely accessible.
- This special event ticket allows you to stay on grounds until 8:30 pm. You will need to keep it with you at all times, either on your phone or as a printout.
- We kindly ask that you do not bring outside food and beverages to this event. Your support of our food services is greatly appreciated and helps us make these events financially stable.