Say “I Do” at the Zoo!
Imagine saying “I do” while overlooking the giraffe yard or overhearing the roar of lions. Your special day deserves a unique and extraordinary backdrop that dares to take a walk on the wild side. Choose from four ceremony sites and have your reception at Flamingo Lake Patio with nearby weeping willows and charming flamingos. Guests will enjoy exotic plants, animals, and scenery in a private and serene environment, creating memories that will be talked about for years to come. You can even host your cocktail hour alongside the carousel or send your guests for a ride on the Zoo Train!
Nestled in the classically beautiful William Land Park, the Sacramento Zoo offers a truly one-of-a-kind setting for the most important day of your life! Let our professional staff assist you in creating an experience you and your guests will never forget. Email the Events Coordinator or call 916-808-8561.
- The Rare Feline Courtyard is reminiscent of an intimate canyon with tigers and jaguars on either side of your guests. The foliage offers a terrific opportunity for some spectacular lighting effects in the evening. Holds up to 100 people.
- Gibbons Alley meanders through parts of our primate habitat area ending at the zebra grounds. The mature trees in Gibbons Alley are tall and graceful giving you the feel of a jungle motif. Holds up to 200 people.
- Perhaps you are more of a star at heart and a stage is your perfect idea of a wedding site. Try our Amphitheater Stage, with its amazing mural backdrop of canopied gardens and rich blue sky. Holds up to 200 people.
- Tall Wonders Viewing Deck provides your guests with the rare opportunity to be eye to eye with giraffes ambling leisurely throughout their surroundings. Holds up to 80 people.
Following the ceremony your guests are welcome to walk through the picturesque grounds to flamingo lake patio. The nearby lake area is home to weeping willows and delicate pink flamingos. Holds up to 200 outdoors and 80 indoors.
• Admission for your guests
• Ceremony site
• Reception site
• Day-of coordinator
• One-hour rehearsal
• Complimentary one-year membership to the Sacramento Zoo for the couple
The zoo’s in house catering services are provided by Taste of the Wild Catering. Catering costs and services vary according to your menu selections and the number of guests. From appetizers and all-you-can-eat buffets, to delicious breakfast and picnics, Taste of the Wild Catering can help you build the perfect menu.
View the Taste of the Wild Catering Menu
Are you looking for a more up close and personal zoo adventure? Ask about reserving a private animal encounter or stage show where you can meet a variety of animal ambassadors from around the world.
You can also host your cocktail hour alongside the carousel or even send your guests for a ride on the zoo train!
Whether or not you’re hosting your wedding here at the zoo, we would be thrilled to be a part of your love story!
- Consider hosting your engagement party, bridal shower or rehearsal dinner at one of our many venue options. Get more information about Private Events.
- Let one of our animals help you get down on one knee and ask those four special words of “Will you marry me?” Email the Events Coordinator or call 916-808-8561 for more information.
Weddings are booked April through October only. All ceremonies must begin no earlier than 5:15 pm after the zoo closes and has been cleared of the general public.
Email the Events Coordinator or call 916-808-8561.